It's pleasure to present this sixth edition of the Report on the Condition of the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Sector in Poland. This report, developed by the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development in cooperation with the Economy Ministry, is a continuation of an initia tive started six years ago by the Polish Foundation for the Promotion and Development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
We hope that this series of annual Reports provides you with the opportunity to monitor both the development of the SME sector and changes in the environments that affect SME operations. The key issues addressed in each edition are those of particular importance at the time of publica tion. Given the significant impact that technological factors have had on the development of firms and the overall economy, this year the Report focuses on innovations in technologically advanced sectors in which SMEs play a role and the application of IT technologies. Also, in light of Poland's forthcoming accession to the European Union, the Report analyzes the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises and their prospects in the unified market.
1. Macroeconomic Changes in the Period 2000-2001
2. Condition of the SME Sector in 2000
3. Policy Towards SMEs
4. Legal Environment for SMEs Operations in 2001
5. Business Environment
6. Alternative Sources for Financing SME Development
7. Competitiveness of Polish SMEs
8. Innovations in SMEs
9. High-tech Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
10. The Internet in SME Sector Firms
11. Role of Property Insurance in Business Activity in the SME sector
12. Social Attitudes Towards Entrepreneurship