Business Development and Innovation Programme within the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014–2021 (NMF).
We support small and medium-sized enterprises in developing and introducing innovative technologies, solutions, processes, products and services
The “Business Development and Innovation” programme supports innovations in Polish companies within three areas: green industry innovation, welfare technologies, including facilitate access/quality of life for the elderly, and blue growth, i.e. developing companies operating in the maritime or inland water area. It also aims to foster the cooperation between Polish companies and Norwegian partners.
The “Business Development and Innovation” programme is carried out as part of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014–2021 and the EEA (European Economic Area) Financial Mechanism 2014–2021. Polish Agency for Enterprise Development is the Programme Operator responsible for Programme management and implementation, conducting calls for proposals and granting funds to the selected projects. The Programme will be implemented in partnership with Innovation Norway as the Donor Programme Partner. Poland is one of the several countries carrying out programmes financed by the Norwegian government and the governments of EEA countries.
Purpose of the Norway Grants
Norway grants can be used for development, implementation and commercialisation of innovative technologies, solutions, processes, products (goods and/or services). The collaboration on innovation and exchange of knowledge between Polish and Norwegian companies, research unit and other entities that lead to greening industrial and maritime companies as well as green, blue, and welfare product development shall be the subject of proposed projects. The programme involves a call for proposals in three thematic areas, i.e. submitted projects should be eligible in at least one of following scheme:
- Green industry innovation –. The support should introduce innovations in technological solutions to SME’s to increase their competitiveness and value creation with less overall environmental impact.
- Blue growth – applicants of the projects concerning blue growth should operate in the maritime or inland water sector. The projects should concern the development of such enterprises by introducing innovative processes and/or products for maritime and/or inland waters and coasts, including environmental improvement.
- Welfare technologies – these projects should focus on developing and launching products that facilitate functioning the everyday life of vulnerable social groups, such as the elderly.
In addition, Small Grants Scheme will be available in all three thematic areas for female enterprises.
Who can receive a grant from the Norway Grants?
Project promotors of the programme could be micro, small and medium-sized enterprises operating and implementing projects in Poland, in particular in cooperation with Norwegian entities.
The programme includes activities aiming at strengthening of bilateral relations between Norway and Poland, both at the level of companies and public institutions. In particular, these activities will involve matchmaking events to find partners for joint projects that are in line with the programme.
What are the expected results of the NMF?
- Reducing social and economic disparities between Poland and Norway;
- Enhancing economic cooperation between Poland and Norway;
- Stimulating innovation and productivity in Polish companies;
- Creating employment opportunities;
- Reducing environmental footprint caused by companies.
Learn more about NMF
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Regulation on the implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021
Regulation on the implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021
- PARP Act
- Public Finance Act
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 651/2014
- Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/1084
- Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 2 December 2006
- Regulation of the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology of 28 October 2019
- Programme Agreement
- Procurement Guidelines
- Project Selection Procedure Guidelines
- Communication and Design Manual EEA Grants and Norway Grants 2014–2021
- EEA and Norway Grants logo package